The United States are bustling with festivals showcasing everything from local produce to international cuisine. Food and wine festivals offer the unique opportunity for small town chefs and celebrity chefs to rub elbows. You can participate in a class run by a James Beard Award winning chef or taste every wine in that region. Whatever your purpose, food and wine festivals take place across the country and offer a wide variety of experiences for guests.
There are simply too many festivals to name them all, but here is a small list from across the country that might spark your interest this year.
- Buffalo Wine Festival: Taking place on April 16, 2016 at the Buffalo Niagara Convention Center in downtown Buffalo, NY this festival celebrates the best of the region. Featuring over 30 New York State award-winning wineries and unique gift items from local artisans, the Buffalo Wine Festival combines regional wines, cuisine, and arts.
- Austin Food + Wine Festival: Held in Auditorium Shores and Republican Square Park, the festival takes place from April 22-24, 2016. Featuring cooking demos from celebrity chefs like Tim Love and Andrew Zimmern, the festival pairs great cooking with great wines from around the world. A portion of all proceeds benefits the Austin Food & Wine Alliance.
- New Orleans Wine & Food Experience: Entering its 23rd year, the Wine & Food Experience will be held from May 26-29, 2016 and a portion of the proceeds benefit local non-profit organizations. Featuring over 1,000 domestic and international wines, the festival stands out for its incorporation of New Orleans culture.
- Aspen Food & Wine Classic: Spread across Aspen’s city parks and hotels, the Aspen Classic takes place from June 17-19, 2016 for its 34th year. This highly acclaimed festival features chefs like Hugh Acheson, Richard Blais, and Jacques Pepin.
- Epcot International Food & Wine Festival: For those seeking an international sampling right here in the U.S. the Epcot Festival at Epcot Theme Park is the place to be. Held from September 14- November 14, 2016 guests can enjoy music, food, and wine tastings from over 25 different countries.
Festivals are a great place to network, experiment, and learn about a region. Chefs and wine connoisseurs alike can gain a vast knowledge and understanding of the food and wine culture all in one place. Grab your chef coat get your tickets today for these spectacular learning experiences.